I spent 10 years working on this one.
2 packages chicken wings (20 wings each)
½ stick butter
3 Habañero peppers
2 Jalapeño peppers (medium size)
2 Serrano peppers (small green – size of little finger)
1T chopped garlic
¼ c shallots (or onion if shallots aren’t available)
1 6 oz. bottle regular Crystal Louisiana Hot sauce
½ t hot paprika (not sweet)
¼ t dry mustard powder
1 t salt
½ t black pepper
pinch Cayenne pepper
1/2 of a small can tomato paste
1 cup water
1 T dried parseley
Blue Cheese Dressing
Raw vegetables – celery, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, etc
1. Cut tips off of wings and then cut in half. Set aside.
2. Chop garlic, shallot, and peppers (completely remove seeds and inside first – only use skin!) Put on latex gloves before handling peppers. I like to scrape the insides out with a teaspoon, just leaving the skin.
3. Melt butter. Sauté garlic, peppers and shallots until garlic just begins to brown.
4. Add other ingredients and simmer (covered, stirring intermittently) for about 30 minutes. Set aside.
5. Cook wings on BBQ w/o sauce (There’s no need to use indirect heat – just damp the fire down slightly by putting the lid on for a couple of minutes prior to putting on the wings). Cooking times will vary, but plan on around 20 minutes flipping the wings every 5-7 minutes or so.
6. Throw cooked wings in bowl with sauce and mix.
7. Return to grill and singe sauce – just a bit.
8. Eat with Maytag Blue Cheese Dressing and celery, carrots, and broccoli florets.